Monday 3 June 2013

Back to Zumba...

About a year ago, I went to Zumba regularly and I'd started to tone up. Then I let it all slip and I got a little chubby... Okay, a lot chubby! 

So I've formulated a plan! To get fitter and in better shape! First step was to buy some posh scales, they measure weight, body fat, bone density, water content and muscle mass. I'm to post my stats on my blog every Monday in the hope that it will motivate me to improve them!

Here goes:

Weight: 11st 8lbs
Body Fat: 36%
Bone Density: 4.6lbs
Water: 47%
Muscle Mass: 36.9%

Main aim is to get weight and body fat figures down! I was surprised at my water content figure. The booklet that came with the scales said the ideal water content is 50% and as I don't drink the recommended 8 glasses a day, I expected it to be a lot lower!

Second part of the plan is to be more active! I'm planning on going to a Zumba class on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings and plenty of walking with Ellie doggie.

You'll notice I haven't mentioned food! I love food! This is my downfall! It's not that I eat the wrong kind of food, I think I have a fairly balanced diet. My problem is portion control! I'm hoping to slowly make my portions smaller, rather than going the whole hog all at once and then be feeling hungry! 

Fingers crossed! And watch this space for updates!

2 comments:

Liz madmumknits said...

Laura eating cereals such as SpecialK or supermarkets own with no milk make a good , healthy snack so you never feel hungry.

Jilly said...

So wish that I had your motivation. I don't eat that much but I exercise even less! Hope you do well.